Blaster-X Control Switch
Add items to the shopping cart to view shipping rates and methods.
- Works with all Blaster-X Tail Lights to control strobe mode and programming features.
- NEW! Features an On-Off-Momentary operation for easy programming and strobe-mode use.
- Comes with 24" long 22AWG gray wire soldered to switch (connects to Blaster-X Tail Light).
Comes with 16" long 22AWG black wire with ring terminal for ground connection.
- 1-Year Warranty & Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Ships same business day.
The Blaster-X Control Switch is an optional accessory for all Blaster-X Tail Lights. This switch will allow you to conveniently control the strobe mode operation of the tail light (intense strobe cycle, like hazards on steroids), and to program advanced features of the tail light. General Blaster-X Tail Light Programming instructions are available here. Check the instructions for your specific Blaster-X tail light for exact features.
The Custom LED Blaster-X 2nd Generation Programming Interface allows users to easily customize features of the tail light! The customizable features menu allows users to:
- Enable or Disable the Startup Sequence.
- Choose from 11 different Brake Alert patterns (can also disable Brake Alert).
- Adjust the running light brightness within a preset range.
- Adjust the brake light brightness within a preset range.
- Engage Demo Mode, where the tail light cycles through all functions automatically and repeatedly!
- Reset factory defaults.
This switch is not necessary for standard integrated tail light operation.
Each Blaster-X Control Switch comes with a 24" long gray wire to connect to the tail light gray wire (control/program wire), and a 16" long black wire with ring connector for ground connection at battery or anywhere on frame.
- The OFF position on the switch is for normal tail light operation.
- The MOMENTARY position on the switch is very useful for a momentary strobe-mode burst, or for programming the tail light.
- The ON position on the switch is intended for extended strobe-mode use.
The installation of the Blaster-X Control Switch is detailed in the downloadable file below.
Click icon to download.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view this file.
If you are having problems viewing the file, please download the free software here.
- Reviews (29)
- Questions (1)
Simple install. Makes the bike a lil more custom!!
Simple and effective
Exactly what they say. Turn on strobe mode with this. Also program your light using this. Quick and easy installation to the light, mount the switch somewhere, and you are good to go.
This is the second best purchase you can make for your motorcycle. First are the pipes. As far as quality and the level of brightness there is no better. I love that you can have your turn signal flash on the tail light. The bonus you can adjust the flashing modes and brightness with a switch, no need for a separate module. I Love this Tail light! Great Job!
Get your monies worth.
Might as well get this switch. You're paying a premium for the tail light, without this you're not getting your monies worth.
Control Switch, Blaster-X
It seams like the new version is a little more sturdy then the one I replaced. The housing is slightly bigger and the switch is 3-way with a steady on left and flash on right, which made it easier to access the menus. I would recommend larger washers for mounting as the stem is still very small so you are likely to break the housing if you rely on it as a brace.
Hello Roody, thank you for choosing Custom LED, and thank you for your review! You are correct, our new version of the Blaster-X Control Switch does feature a Momentary position, and Off position and an On position. This is useful for both programming and for strobe-mode. Regarding the rigidity of the unit. We purposefully chose a micro-mini toggle switch for this application to make it easy to mount, and easy to hide on the motorcycle. It would be an eyesore to have a large toggle protruding from these beautifully sculpted motorcycles. It is very important to follow the installation instructions and diagram which shows a nut on both the rear side, and front side of the mounting surface. This prevents tension on the mounting shaft which can certainly lead to a failure of the switch. If you misplaced the installation diagrams that came with the switch, they can be downloaded from the product page in the ""Installation"" tab.